At Debt Settlement Group we are particularly concerned about the privacy of our customers. We provide this notice to help you understand how we may collect nonpublic personal information about you, the type of information we may collect, and what information we may disclose about you. The same rules apply to former customers as apply to current customers. The term “nonpublic personal information” means personally identifiable financial information that is not publicly available.
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from you and other sources, including the following sources:
- Information we receive from you about correspondence, internet, telephone, or applications
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
- Information about your transactions with us or others
- Information we receive from Agents, Partners or Affiliates
During the enrollment process, certain information is collected, including such items as:
- Debt Information (Credit Card/Loan Account Numbers and Balances)
- Personal Information (Social Security Number, Address, Bank Account Numbers, Phone, Email Address, Salary, Employer, Occupation, Age, Birth Date, Gender)
- Budget Information (Assets, Monthly Expenses, Other Income)
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone except as permitted by law. We will only disclose information about you to third parties with your consent or at your direction.
We reserve the right to disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, about our customers and former customers to companies that perform services and functions, including marketing services, on our behalf. We may also disclose some of this information to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
Access to nonpublic personal information about you is restricted to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
You can contact us to update, correct or delete your personal information, Opt Out or change your preferences with respect to information you receive from us by calling Customer Service at 1-800-395-5353.
Personal information that is stored in marketing databases will be changed or deleted as you request. We may not be able to remove each record of the information you have provided to us from our system because your personal information may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible to locate.
Debt Settlement Group